Most people prefer the glow and appearance of a suntan, but sun exposure is harmful – not to mention scarce in North Dakota through the fall and winter months. Tanning beds significantly increase your risk of skin cancer and should be avoided. Spray tanning is an excellent option for those who want a glow without the harmful UV rays.
Spray tanning involves spraying a fine mist onto the body. Using the Infinity Sun system, the tanning solution is sprayed over the body using airbrushing technology. The team at Fargo Center for Dermatology can carefully select and adjust the blend of the tanning solution to result in a shade that is both natural and flattering. The whole treatment can be completed in only a few minutes and results typically last a little over a week.
To help a spray tan last longer, there are a few steps to take both before and after the appointment.
- Exfoliate with a non-abrasive exfoliant
- Manicures, pedicures and waxing should be done prior to spray tanning
- Do not wear lotion
- Do not wear deodorant
- Consider wearing loose, dark clothing and open-toed sandals to your appointment
- Wait until the following day to shower if possible
- Pat skin dry rather than rubbing with your towel after showering
- Do not swim, sweat, or use hot tubs and saunas as this will remove the sunless tanner faster
- Moisturizer or Infinity Sun® Tan Extender can add and should be used after your second shower post-tan
- Avoid acne products the week of your tan, as your tan may fade faster
While your spray tan looks like a natural tan, it can’t protect you from harmful UV rays. Remember to continue applying SPF as necessary. View our printable treatment instructions here!
Spray tanning is a great way to achieve a glowing tan without damaging your skin. To discuss your sunless tanning options or schedule your treatment with an aesthetic specialist at Fargo Center for Dermatology, schedule online or call 701-203-9852.