At Fargo Center for Dermatology, we believe that expert Dermatology care should be both effective and affordable. We work with you to find the right options for care and treatment that fit within your budget. Contact our office to find out more about your individual payment options from one of our expert patient coordinators.
We understand that insurance coverage can be a big factor when looking at your options for specialty dermatology care. We accept most local and national insurance plans in an effort to make a seamless experience for you. We encourage our patients to check the specific coverage details of their plan(s), so that we can ensure you receive the right treatment at the right cost.
If your insurance carrier does not remit payment or notification to your provider within 60 days, the balance will be due from you. If your insurance company requests a refund of any payments made to Fargo Center for Dermatology, you will be responsible for any money refunded to your insurance company. In the event your insurance company has an established internal fee schedule that differs from the charged services you will be responsible for the difference remaining.
Delinquent patient accounts over 120 days will be assigned to a collection agency. When accounts are sent to collections, the additional fees associated will be added to the outstanding account balance.
We pride ourselves on ensuring accuracy and completeness of our billing practices. As such, our patient refund policy is as follows:
- Patient accounts with a credit balance are reviewed every 60 days
- Refunds are issued to the appropriate party (patient, guarantor, or insurance company).
- A refund may be sent outside of the above dates if identified by the patient or insurance company.
- Refunds will not be issued if the patient has an appointment within the next 30 days and it is expected that the patient will owe a co-pay, coinsurance, or deductible amount.
Here at Fargo Center for Dermatology it is important to us that your are provided the best dermatology and aesthetic care. That’s why we accept the best in medical and aesthetic care financing, CareCredit. CareCredit offers six months of deferred interest on purchases over $200. Please visit www.carecredit.com to get started on your application.
All co-payments are due at the time of service.
Prior Authorization and Referrals
All services that require prior authorization must be authorized before we provide the service. Additionally, if a referral is needed, it must be obtained before the date of your service.
Patient Rights and Protections
You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical care will cost. Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for medical items and services. You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, etc.
- If your appointment is 3 or more days out, we will contact you to provide a “Good Faith Estimate.” If your appointment is 2 days out or less, please inquire if you are interested in receiving a “Good Faith Estimate.”
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your “Good Faith Estimate,” you can dispute that bill.
- Make sure you save a copy or picture of your “Good Faith Estimate.”
Disclaimer: this “Good Faith Estimate” shows the cost of items and services that are reasonably expected for your healthcare needs for an item or service. The estimate is based on information know at the time the estimate was created. The “Good Faith Estimate” does not include any unknown or unexpected costs that may arise during treatment. You could be charged more if complications or special considerations occur. If this happens, federal law allows you to dispute (appeal) the bill. For questions r more information about your right to a “Good Faith Estimate,” visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises/consumers or call 1-800-985-3059.